I have to admit, I normally don’t go for an oatmeal raisin type cookie given the choice. It’s a little too plain Jane, a little too modest. When I’m going to be taking in the calories associated with a typical cookie, I generally want a little more excitement for my buck than what an oatmeal raisin cookie has to offer. Does that make sense?
But these little guys, with their warm and welcoming spice upgrade, really won me over! The pumpkin pie spice addition goes so well with the hearty, rustic oats and those sweet raisins. I found myself thoroughly enjoying them with a glass of milk, and eventually smitten with their humble yet endearing vibe. They can’t boast of frosting, sprinkles, or even a single chocolate chip, but they more than make up for it with their crisp edge, chewy center, and sweet buttery goodness all the way through.
At our house, they found themselves tucked into lunch boxes, dunked in morning coffee (with whole milk and a splash of real maple syrup please!), and eaten quietly and sneakily (just one more) as the kitchen lights were turned off for the night.
I think with the white whole wheat flour and other healthy bits like oats and raisins, you will find it a very slippery slope when justifying just one more as well!
If you are like me, you are getting excited about baking as the weather cools down and the holidays draw near. I hope you find the occasion to enjoy these humble little cookies. They might surprise you too.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These simple yet deliciously spiced cookies will have you reaching for more!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix butter and both sugars together until creamy on medium speed, then add the egg and mix again. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda and oats together.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients on low speed. Stir in the raisins until well incorporated.
- Place cookie dough balls (I use a 2 tablespoon sized scoop) on a baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Sodium: 83mg
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: pumpkin pie spice oatmeal raisin cookies, pumpkin pie spice, oatmeal raisin cookies, cookies
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the cookie dough scoop are Amazon affiliate links.