I would NOT be lying if I said that these Peanut Butter and Jelly Oat Bars have been my MAIN SOURCE of sustenance over the last couple days… In other words, I’ve been testing and tweaking this recipe all week and CAN’T STOP eating them!
They are peanut butter and jelly perfection, and I’m so happy that the recipe is all worked out and ready to share with you. It’s so easy, and I know you all are going to LOVE it! We’ve got a soft, peanut butter cookie base, a layer of your favorite fruit spread or preserves, and then more crumbled peanut butter cookie dough, and then a final dusting of powdered sugar!
I’ve been eating these for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between, and I’m happy to say that not only are they absolutely delicious, but they do have some redeeming nutritional qualities as well… I kept the sugar content down, and used white whole wheat flour, and there’s a healthy scoop of oats. Plus, peanut butter is a source of protein, right? So, while they do lean toward the dessert category, they aren’t too naughty of a choice – at least in my book.
I used a crunchy peanut butter for added texture, and my new favorite Crofter’s Berry Harvest Organic Spread, which I found at Costco and will be stocking up on next time I go! What’s your favorite PB and J combo?
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Oat Bars have a soft peanut butter cookie base, mixed berry preserves, and more crumbled peanut butter cookie dough!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (heaping) berry preserves or spread
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting on top
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an 8 by 8 inch baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray, and lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together with the paddle attachment on medium high speed. Add egg and mix, then peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Use 2/3 of the dough for the bottom layer of the bars, patting it firmly into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the fruit preserves over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough crumbles over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22-24 minutes. Allow the pan to cool completely, then lift uncut bars out using the parchment paper handles. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 247mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
Keywords: peanut butter and jelly oat bars, peanut butter cookie, mixed berry preserves, oat bars, peanut butter and jelly, dessert bars, snacks