- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (heaping) berry preserves or spread
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting on top
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an 8 by 8 inch baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray, and lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together with the paddle attachment on medium high speed. Add egg and mix, then peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Use 2/3 of the dough for the bottom layer of the bars, patting it firmly into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the fruit preserves over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough crumbles over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22-24 minutes. Allow the pan to cool completely, then lift uncut bars out using the parchment paper handles. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 247mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 36mg