- 1/3 cup oil (I used vegetable)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Optional: Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a standard size muffin pan with paper liners. Lightly spray the paper liner with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, briskly whisk together oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg until smooth and creamy. Add applesauce, sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Gently fold together until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin well, filling almost to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins from the pan to a cooling rack.
- If you want the muffins a little sweeter, try dusting the tops with some powdered sugar.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 19mg