This Cinnamon Applesauce Muffin recipe has a happy ending but the road to that ending was a bit rough. After making them a couple of times and feeling fairly confident that I had a solid recipe ready to post, my mom made them and after tasting them again, we both agreed they were still lacking!
Ugh. Unpublishing a post that has already been sent out is no fun. I constantly feel the push (internally) to post recipes here regularly, but there are times when I just have to tell myself to focus on quality rather than quantity and hold off.
This tension is especially strong when I look at all the other amazing bloggers around me posting left and right, and that comparison trap lures me right in.
It always helps me to recognize that in most aspects of life, there are seasons. Some seasons are for focusing on building a business, some for growing it strong, and some for maintaining the momentum you’ve worked hard to build.
As the new school year has started, I feel pulled in quite a few directions… Keeping my home, pouring into friendships, homeschooling, mothering, and being a wife are my callings. My sacred callings.
Blogging, recipe development, and photography are the cherry on top. What a gift it is to be able to share my endeavors in the kitchen with such a supportive community.
I always feel so thankful to have such a sweet and encouraging family of followers here!
What’s to Love about Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins…
So here’s to second (and even third) chances! I always strive to post my best work here, and these Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins are good to go! They are lighter, sweeter, and are more flavorful than the first round.
I actually had to just scratch the first recipe framework and used the ratio of wet and dry ingredients that works so well in my Best Ever Pumpkin Muffins. Have you tried those yet? They are no doubt my most popular recipe!
They aren’t as sweet as cupcake as they are muffins, but there’s just enough sweetness to carry the flavors from the applesauce and cinnamon without falling flat.
Here’s an interesting article I found on the difference between muffins and cupcakes, in case you are wondering.
I hope you enjoy, and always, thanks for reading.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins are so easy and delicious! They are light, moist, and flavorful with just a touch of sweetness.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce (sweetened)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line standard-size muffin tins with paper liners. Spray the liners with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla, applesauce, and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix gently until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the muffin batter into each muffin liner, filling 3/4 (or a bit more) full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the muffin tin, and then remove the muffins to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, keep the muffins at room temperature in an airtight container. These will freeze well for up to three months.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
Keywords: cinnamon applesauce muffins, cinnamon applesauce, applesauce muffins, muffins