I’m so excited that Fall is officially almost here! I’m looking forward to the cozy feeling it brings, the cooler weather, and letting out all the PUMPKIN recipes that have been swirling around in my brain for the last couple of months. Open the floodgates – hope you are ready for this!
If you aren’t in the mood yet, maybe these Mini Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts will help. Did I mention the vanilla icing and chocolate sprinkles? I made these when my niece was over a couple of weeks ago, and we had fun dipping the cute little donuts into the icing and then dropping the sprinkles on a pinch at a time. I think decorating donuts is downright therapeutic. Hard to be in a bad mood when you are sprinkling sprinkles!
These guys are not full-size, full-guilt donuts, but are the perfect two, maybe three bite treat. They are really so soft and perfectly spiced with a little bit of chocolate thrown in too. If you don’t have a mini-donut baking pan, they are really inexpensive and fun to bake with.
So if you are not yet in the mood for Fall, and need a little help, just fake it til you feel it, and make these! I promise you’ll be ready.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
Subscribe and I'll send all my recipes right to your inbox! You can also keep up to date by following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.Print
Mini Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 5 dozen 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
These Mini Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts are perfectly bite-sized and will have you ready for Fall in no time!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- water by the teaspoon as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your mini donut baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Beat sugar and butter with mixer, then blend in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour and dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips until they are mixed in throughout the dough.
- Chill your dough for a few hours, and then form dough into one inch balls. Press the balls down into the well of your mini donut baking pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the baked donuts to cool in the pan for 5-8 minutes. Once the baking pan is cool enough to handle, they are ready to come out. I’ve found that the easiest way to get them out is to turn the pan over and give it a firm “whack” on the counter top. Usually they all come tumbling out! Transfer the mini donuts to a cooling rack, and then dip the tops in the icing. Sprinkle the chocolate sprinkles over the tops while the icing is still wet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with the heavy cream. Add water one teaspoon at a time (whisking in between) until you reach the desired consistency. You want it to be a little thinner than toothpaste. Add your vanilla extract and stir.
- Serving Size: 1 Donut
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 61mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: mini baked pumpkin chocolate chip donuts, pumpkin donuts, chocolate chips, mini donuts, baked donuts
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the mini donut pan are Amazon affiliate links.
Melanie @ Garnish & Glaze says
These look so cute and yummy!!! Especially with the chocolate chips in there! You’ve got me convinced that I need to finally break out the pumpkin and start baking.
Thanks! Can’t hold off any longer!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. says
I can’t even tell you how excited I am for fall! I already busted out the pumpkin last weekend, and I’m trying -really- hard not to make every recipe on my blog pumpkin based. These look absolutely perfect, though! And I’m loving that you threw some sprinkles in there. Pinned 🙂
Thanks Amanda and I know what you mean! Is there such a thing as TOO many pumpkin recipes??? :0)
Gosh these look so so good and delicious!
Katya @ Little Broken says
I love that these are baked and have chocolate inside! Very cute and delicate.
Thank you Katya!
Lindsay @ The Local Taste says
Ahh I’m so ready for fall and cool weather, bonfires, and all things pumpkin! These look so yummy and they are so cute! These would be perfect for a fall get together.
Thanks Lindsay! Love everything about Fall!
Amallia @DesireToEat says
Hallo Julie, your mini donuts looks so cute 🙂
Thank you Amallia!
Sharon @ What The Fork Food Blog says
How cute are these?! I’ll have to try them gf when I allow myself to start baking with pumpkin lol
You have more self control than I do Sharon! Hope you enjoy.
Lana M says
I would love to make these but dont have donut pan. Do you think it would be ok to make them in a mini-muffin pan? Thank you!
Yes Lana, great idea! I think this recipe would do just fine in a mini-muffin pan.
Lana M says
Thank you so much for your fast response!
So happy to run across your lovely little kitchen! Was in the mood for donuts before Thanksgiving and this was the first recipe I tried. I have now made these twice and my girls are currently eating some. I have a secret…I have a problem with chocolate. There, I said it. And I couldn’t stop myself from throwing in the remainder of a naughty cocoa jar. Last night I had to use some bittersweet morsels because my children spilled the tiny sweet ones all over the floor. That didn’t stop them from crawling all over the place to eat their spoils. Anywho, yummy cake donuts resulted in even happier chocolate covered kids.
Yay! So glad you (and kiddos) like them!
My daughter is dying to have these for her 7th birthday breakfast tomorrow. If I make them tonight, will they still be delicious in the morning?
They should be just fine to make ahead. Happy Birthday to your little one!
I have 2 little ones and one has a donut addiction lol, the other loves her pumpkin. I was wanting to make these but don’t have a donut pan and live in a small town, want to Buy off Amazon do you have any recommendations for one?
Julie, here is a link to a pan like the one I have. Hope your little ones enjoy!