I’m so excited that Fall is officially almost here! I’m looking forward to the cozy feeling it brings, the cooler weather, and letting out all the PUMPKIN recipes that have been swirling around in my brain for the last couple of months. Open the floodgates – hope you are ready for this!
If you aren’t in the mood yet, maybe these Mini Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts will help. Did I mention the vanilla icing and chocolate sprinkles? I made these when my niece was over a couple of weeks ago, and we had fun dipping the cute little donuts into the icing and then dropping the sprinkles on a pinch at a time. I think decorating donuts is downright therapeutic. Hard to be in a bad mood when you are sprinkling sprinkles!
These guys are not full-size, full-guilt donuts, but are the perfect two, maybe three bite treat. They are really so soft and perfectly spiced with a little bit of chocolate thrown in too. If you don’t have a mini-donut baking pan, they are really inexpensive and fun to bake with.
So if you are not yet in the mood for Fall, and need a little help, just fake it til you feel it, and make these! I promise you’ll be ready.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These Mini Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Donuts are perfectly bite-sized and will have you ready for Fall in no time!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- water by the teaspoon as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your mini donut baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Beat sugar and butter with mixer, then blend in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour and dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips until they are mixed in throughout the dough.
- Chill your dough for a few hours, and then form dough into one inch balls. Press the balls down into the well of your mini donut baking pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the baked donuts to cool in the pan for 5-8 minutes. Once the baking pan is cool enough to handle, they are ready to come out. I’ve found that the easiest way to get them out is to turn the pan over and give it a firm “whack” on the counter top. Usually they all come tumbling out! Transfer the mini donuts to a cooling rack, and then dip the tops in the icing. Sprinkle the chocolate sprinkles over the tops while the icing is still wet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with the heavy cream. Add water one teaspoon at a time (whisking in between) until you reach the desired consistency. You want it to be a little thinner than toothpaste. Add your vanilla extract and stir.
- Serving Size: 1 Donut
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 61mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: mini baked pumpkin chocolate chip donuts, pumpkin donuts, chocolate chips, mini donuts, baked donuts
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the mini donut pan are Amazon affiliate links.