This Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread made quite an impression around here – so much so that we saw actual tears when the last few pieces disappeared before we were ready for them to go. I’m not sure if that tells you how good this bread is, or how much my family loves sweets, but it is what it is!
Don’t you think banana bread in general is a wonderful invention? Can you imagine the delight that filled the kitchen of the first person who decided to add her yucky black bananas to her bread when she took her (or his) first bite? Pure genius.
This recipe is fun to make because you take out one cup of the plain batter, and add melted chocolate chips and cocoa powder to make the chocolate marble. Chocolate and banana are so delicious together, and the texture of this bread with the delicate pieces of sliced almonds is just right!
Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top so everyone knows what they are in for, and pop that guy into the oven. You can also make four mini loaves, just reduce the baking time to about 30-35 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Chocolate and banana are so delicious together, and the texture of this bread with the delicate pieces of sliced almonds is just right!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Pulp from 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard size loaf pan with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed. Add eggs one at time and mix. Add vanilla, sour cream, and banana pulp and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Add sliced almonds and mix one more time.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a small microwave bowl for 30 seconds. Stir, and microwave for 10 more seconds until completed melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Place one cup of the banana bread batter into a bowl, and stir in melted chocolate and cocoa powder by hand until it’s completely incorporated.
- Add 1/2 cup dollops of the batter to the prepared loaf pan, alternating chocolate and plain. Top with the remaining chocolate chips, and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the top is dark brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Use the excess parchment as handles to lift the bread out of the pan, and place it on a cooling rack. Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Loaf
- Calories: 4053
- Sugar: 310g
- Sodium: 2700mg
- Fat: 204g
- Saturated Fat: 91g
- Unsaturated Fat: 97g
- Trans Fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 527g
- Fiber: 36g
- Protein: 68g
- Cholesterol: 650mg
Keywords: marbled chocolate banana bread, chocolate, banana bread, breakfast, dessert, snack