With all the busyness this season brings, sometimes it’s nice to have a really quick and easy chicken dinner up your sleeve. I know it may seem a little strange, but we grill out more in the winter than we do in the summer when it’s 110 out. Our highs are in the 70’s these days, perfect for standing next to a hot grill while the boys run around the yard burning off a little energy. We love eating outside on the back patio, where crumbs fall and no one has to clean them up!
I’ve never been a mustard fan, but I find myself using it a lot in sauces, dressings and marinades lately. Even just a small amount adds a really nice tang and helps emulsify or pull the ingredients together without screaming – MUSTARD is here!
For this chicken, the honey mustard sauce is brushed onto the chicken in the last few minutes of grilling, and then any remaining sauce can be served along side the finished chicken. Double the sauce recipe if you like a lot of sauce. You will love it served over rice or even over grilled or roasted vegetables.
You could use this chicken to add some protein to a salad, or on a bun sandwich style with the works. The sauce has great flavor on its own, but feel free to add any fresh herbs you have on hand – like rosemary, thyme, parsley or even freshly minced garlic. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
For the Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic and Herb Seasoning
For the Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoons McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- (optional: 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, thyme, or parsley, finely chopped)
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Brush with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a shallow pan or bowl, drizzle olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle with seasoning, turning to coat both sides.
- In a small jar or bowl, whisk melted butter, mustard, honey, Worcestershire, seasoning and herbs until emulsified.
- Grill until chicken is almost cooked through, then brush both sides with honey mustard sauce, and continue grilling until chicken is cooked through. I usually grill my chicken about 8 minutes per side, but cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken and heat of the grill.
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 313mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 6.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 38g
- Cholesterol: 122mg