We sure love our banana bread around here! I just checked and I have three different banana bread recipes on LLK. It’s hard for me not to tweak it just a tiny bit every time I make it. The first time I subbed Greek Yogurt for the sour cream, and now I’ve exchanged coconut oil for the butter and also white whole wheat flour instead of white. I also added a little less sugar. Maybe next time I’ll try subbing maple syrup or honey for the refined sugar. Baby steps to healthy. That’s why I’m calling it healthier.
And I’m happy to say no one in my family noticed a difference in taste between this recipe and my old one. They were literally begging for a piece as I was taking pictures. I had to keep shooing them away like pigeons.
I like making banana bread because it counts as breakfast or dessert, and it’s so quick to pull together. Using an all in one mini loaf pan like this one makes it much easier than dealing with four separate pans to maneuver in and out of the oven.
And then all four little loaves were gone in 24 hours. There may have been tears when someone ate the last slice and didn’t offer to split it. Never thought I’d buy extra bananas and let them go black on purpose just to keep up with the banana bread demand around here!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Our favorite banana bread made with Greek yogurt, coconut oil, and white whole wheat flour.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup banana pulp (about three ripe bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed sliced almonds*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray four mini loaf pans** with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream coconut oil and sugar together on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between.
- Add Greek yogurt, banana pulp, and vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. On low speed, mix the dry ingredients into the batter.
- Stir in the nuts until well incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the loaf pans, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until the tops are browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
*I love the texture of this bread with the sliced almonds. I simply crush them up in the bag before opening it. It gives a wonderfully delicate crunch. **My mini loaf pans are 3″ wide x 5 1/2″ long x 1 3/4″ deep. You can also make 18 muffins with this recipe. Reduce baking time to about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 mini loaf
- Calories: 854
- Sugar: 63g
- Sodium: 490mg
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 104g
- Fiber: 9.7g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
Keywords: healthier banana bread, banana bread, made healthier
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the mini loaf pan are Amazon affiliate links.