Our favorite banana bread made with Greek yogurt, coconut oil, and white whole wheat flour.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup banana pulp (about three ripe bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed sliced almonds*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray four mini loaf pans** with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream coconut oil and sugar together on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between.
- Add Greek yogurt, banana pulp, and vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. On low speed, mix the dry ingredients into the batter.
- Stir in the nuts until well incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the loaf pans, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until the tops are browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
*I love the texture of this bread with the sliced almonds. I simply crush them up in the bag before opening it. It gives a wonderfully delicate crunch. **My mini loaf pans are 3″ wide x 5 1/2″ long x 1 3/4″ deep. You can also make 18 muffins with this recipe. Reduce baking time to about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 mini loaf
- Calories: 854
- Sugar: 63g
- Sodium: 490mg
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 104g
- Fiber: 9.7g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
Keywords: healthier banana bread, banana bread, made healthier