I’m up at the cabin this weekend enjoying a little time away before we have to buckle down and start school. The boys are all out exploring and geocaching in the forest and I decided to stay behind and enjoy the peace and quiet. I’ve got a big double batch of my Easy Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili cooking away for when they get back so I thought it would be a good time to pop in here and tell you about these Easy Spicy Peanut Noodles. You’re going to LOVE them!
This is one of those really easy weeknight dinners that is surprisingly satisfying. The combination of spicy, nutty, salty, and creamy gets me every time. It’s really a glorified Ramen type noodle dish, and I love how you boil the noodles in broth and then use that flavorful liquid to start the peanut sauce. It’s the kind of quick cooking that makes busy weeknight dinners go smoothly. The ingredients are pretty much pantry staples with a few fresh veggies and a picked rotisserie chicken from the deli section of your grocery store.
I call this Spicy Peanut Noodles with Chicken and the level of spice is definitely easy to adjust according to everyones tolerance. You can even leave out the Sriracha and dish out the kiddos servings, and then add it in for those who like spicy. My favorite ingredient is definitely the chopped peanuts on top. All kinds of textures and flavors going on here and that’s what makes it so darn good! I believe this recipe caught my eye on Foodgawker from Sabrina at Dinner Then Dessert, which you should definitely go check out. Just browsing through all of her recipes makes my mouth water, especially these caramel chocolate brownies. Whoa!
A nice little stack of containers in the fridge filled with leftovers will make you so happy. It might even be better cold from the fridge the next day, but I’m not sure, you’ll have to try it for yourself!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
Subscribe and I'll send all my recipes right to your inbox! You can also keep up to date by following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.Print
Easy Spicy Peanut Noodles With Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian
Some pantry staples, a few fresh veggies and the help of a rotisserie chicken make this quick and easy dinner a huge hit!
- 12 ounces noodles (Soba or thick spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons chicken base (I use Better Than Bullion, see note**)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 6 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or less if you want less spicy)
- 2 cups shredded or cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- Fill a large pot with water and add chicken base. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve.
- Cook noodles according to directions in the broth.
- While the noodles are boiling, sauté the red pepper, green onions, carrot, and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat. You just want to soften them slightly, and release the flavors of the garlic and onions. Add a pinch of salt and set aside.
- When the noodles are done, drain most of the broth, but reserve about 3/4 cup in the pan with the noodles. Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, and Sriracha and stir to dissolve into the broth. The sauce will thicken as it sits.
- Mix in the chicken, and top with chopped peanuts and additional green onions if desired.
*adapted from Dinnerthendessert **I use a chicken base called Better Than Bullion which is like a concentrated chicken broth in the form of a paste. You can also crush up a chicken bullion cube in a couple tablespoons of boiling water.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 1143mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 46g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
Keywords: easy spicy peanut noodles with chicken, spicy peanut noodles, rotisserie chicken, veggies, easy dinner
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Yum. Don’t these peanut noodles look and sound great. Definitely making the recipe – but turning it into a vegetarian version!
Yuen Shan @ YuenShan.com says
I’ve mixed peanut butter with noodles before, but never thought of mixing peanut butter and sriracha together. The combination actually sounds quite good and I am very tempted to try as I have both in my fridge (and a huge bottle of sriracha that I’m trying to finish!) Thanks for the recipe! 😀
I made this and my 7 year old daughter loved it! I’ll definitely make again, clever use of rotisserie chicken!
This is a keeper. I used shredded carrots because I had a bag in the fridge and I added bean sprouts because this reminds me of Pad Thai.
Sounds great! Thanks for your feedback.
Yes! Definitely trying this! need quick easy different to what I always make dinners and ohbobobos reference to pad thai convinced me , yay something new!
Hope you enjoyed this one, Paula!