We’ve had the most beautiful rainy days this week. Nothing too crazy, just a steady drizzle. My fall garden is so happy, and there is new life popping up all over the place as the oppressive summer heat has finally lifted. I hope you are enjoying the beginning of fall wherever you are as well. It’s always funny for me to think about how most landscapes around the country are transitioning from green to golden hues, and Arizona is doing just the opposite!
Cooler weather means more time in the kitchen for baking too! I was in the mood for something pumpkin-y to celebrate the cooler weather and realized that while I have many pumpkin recipes here on LLK, I don’t have any recipes for pumpkin bread.
This Easy Pumpkin bread recipes is my new go-to! I love the crackly sugared top, and the blend of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves is just right. It’s moist, but not too dense, and just the right amount of sweetness too.
This loaf didn’t last long around here! I guess pumpkin bread is one of those sweet treats we all love. You could easily double this recipe and make two standard size loaves (9 by 5 inches) and either freeze one or give one to a friend or neighbor. I’ll definitely do that next time.
Do you have a can of pumpkin in the pantry for such a time as this? Better go check and add it to the list if not! I hope you get the chance to make this one cozy day this weekend.
Let me know what you think if you try it!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
This Easy Pumpkin Bread is the best ever! I love the crackly sugared top, and the blend of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves are just right.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan, and line with parchment paper if desired (for easy removal later)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry flour mixture and stir by hand until incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and turn the loaf out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 406
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 20.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
Keywords: easy pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread, pumpkin, bread, easy