- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan, and line with parchment paper if desired (for easy removal later)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry flour mixture and stir by hand until incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and turn the loaf out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely and then store in an airtight container.