If you need a last minute quick and easy dessert for the big day that makes you look like you know what you are doing and planned ahead, I’ve got you covered! Say hello to these mini pumpkin pie tarts. Can you believe they only have 5 ingredients?!?
The little tart shells are made from a tube of refrigerated cookie dough shaped in a mini muffin baking pan. It’s really easy to do and you don’t need any special tools at all. It’s important to let the tarts cool for 10 minutes before trying to remove them from the pan, and I also recommend using a nonstick spray formulated especially for baking. I’ve tried a couple of different types of nonstick spray, and I could really tell a difference.
The filling for these sweet little tarts is just softened cream cheese, a can of pumpkin puree, and a box of instant vanilla pudding mix. Add a little pumpkin pie spice, and then use a Zip-loc with the corner cut off to pipe the filling right into the tarts.
You can make your filling and tart shells the day before you serve them, but I like to pipe the filling into the shells the same day I’m serving them so that they don’t get too soft.
You could also top them with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top if you want to be really fancy! Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving my friends!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 1 tube refrigerated cookie dough
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3.5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray each well of a mini tart baking pan with nonstick spray (Pam for Baking is the best).
- Use a small cookie scoop to place a tablespoon sized ball of dough in each well.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just turning golden brown. Right when the shells come out of the oven, use the blunt end of a wooden spoon to gently press down the center of the tart shell to make room for the filling.
- Let the tart shells cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Gently twist out each tart shell.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, vanilla pudding mix, and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the filling into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip (or a Zip-loc with the corner cut off) and pipe the filling into each tart shell. Refrigerate until ready to serve. These are best served the same day as the shell will start to soften from the moisture in the filling.
- Serving Size: 1 mini tart
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 7mg