Good morning to you! Had to stop by real quick and tell you about my latest obsession – this Cool and Creamy Raspberry Pretzel Dessert. The boys are all still sleeping, coffee is near, and my brain is just starting to come to life, so forgive any typos or strange remarks, okay?
This is summer life, where this mama takes any little window of quiet time she can get. My house is a mess but that’s okay because we are having all kinds of fun… board game fun, swimming fun, fort building with every sheet we own fun, and remodeling bathrooms fun. Which means we are having thick layer of busted up tile dust all over everything kind of fun! Choosing NOT to see it right now, and just focusing on this lovely dessert!
You know that strawberry pretzel jello dessert that everyone LOVES, including myself? This is sort of the frozen version of that. It has a similar pretzel crust, a raspberry sherbet middle, and a homemade whipped cream topping. It’s very simple to make, and it looks so pretty and summery with fresh raspberries on top!
What I Love About This Cool and Creamy Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
- It’s has that sweet and salty thing going on!
- It looks impressive, but is super easy!
- It tastes so refreshing on a hot summer night, without feeling too heavy or indulgent.
Make this (ahead of time, you’re welcome) for your next get-together, and everyone will LOVE you for it! Or just make it for no good reason like me, and enjoy knowing that it’s waiting for you in the freezer, for that glorious time of the day when everyone has gone to sleep, and your heart is full from a day of doing the kind of rewarding but hard work you were put on this earth to do!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
Subscribe and I'll send all my recipes right to your inbox! You can also keep up to date by following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.Print
Cool and Creamy Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
A gorgeous raspberry sherbet dessert with a pretzel crust and a homemade whipped topping! Perfect for summertime get-togethers!
For the Crust
- 1 1/4 cup finely crushed pretzels (about 2 1/2 cups whole mini pretzel twists)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 48 ounces raspberry sherbet
For the Whipped Topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 heaping tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix crushed pretzels (I used my blender to crush them), sugar and butter and mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9 by 9 inch baking pan. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set, and thaw sherbet at room temperature for easier scooping.
- Spread the sherbet over the crust in an even layer. I like to use a metal spatula dipped in hot water to help smooth out the top. Place the dish in the freezer while you make the whipped topping.
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed. Once it begins to thicken, increase speed to high until soft peaks form (about 2-3 minutes). Spread over the sherbet layer, cover, and return to freezer for at least 3 hours. Remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly before serving. Top with fresh raspberries.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 35g
- Sodium: 183mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
Keywords: cool and creamy raspberry pretzel dessert, raspberry pretzel dessert, raspberry sherbet, pretzel crust, homemade whipped topping
Joanna Harvey says
Hi there from showery England. This dessert looks so pretty, fresh and light, but I can’t help admiring the pan/ dish that you made it in. Could you tell us the brand or where it was from.
I love getting one of your posts in my inbox, thank you. Joanna
Hello from sunny Arizona, Joanna! Thank you for your kind words. The baking dish is from Target.com but I looked for a link and don’t see it anymore 🙁
Sylvia Ritchie says
Hallo from thundery and stony Britain. Just wishing to know about your sherbet is it a powdery sherbet or do you call it something different from our sherbet. Thank you Sylvia.
Hi Sylvia! Thank you so much for pointing that out, I had no idea it could be a powder. Here it is a kind of fruity ice cream 🙂
This looks delicious!! Love how easy this is to – perfect for summer gatherings!!
Thanks Ami! It comes together really quickly and is so refreshing! Hope you enjoy.
It looks so delicious and yummy! For sure a must try this Summer!
Thank you for sharing it.
ps.: by the way, your photos are mouth-watering 🙂
Regina, hope you enjoy, and thank you!
Help. I never made a pretzel crust before. Looks so refreshing, but your directions say “place in for 10 minutes to set” and I don’the what to place it in. Do I bake it like a graham cracker crust? I really want to make this beautiful summer dessert. Thanks. I love your lovely kitchen!
So sorry Nancy! It should say “place in freezer for 10 minutes to set”. I will fix the recipe. I really hope you enjoy this dessert! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks so much. It’s on the menu for tomorrow.
I’M Taiwan people
my girlfriend is very love this dessert
ask you have video give me
I want DIY for she
sorry my english is poor
Angel Frolander says
I made this a couple weeks ago for Michelle’s birthday. She requested something fruity and summery and this fit the bill. It was super easy to make and such a nice cool treat – perfect for a warm Arizona evening. The kids loved it as well. I’ll definitely make it again!
Hi Angel, I’m glad you all enjoyed. I think it’s time to make this one again here too! Thanks for your sweet comment!