Good morning to you! Had to stop by real quick and tell you about my latest obsession – this Cool and Creamy Raspberry Pretzel Dessert. The boys are all still sleeping, coffee is near, and my brain is just starting to come to life, so forgive any typos or strange remarks, okay?
This is summer life, where this mama takes any little window of quiet time she can get. My house is a mess but that’s okay because we are having all kinds of fun… board game fun, swimming fun, fort building with every sheet we own fun, and remodeling bathrooms fun. Which means we are having thick layer of busted up tile dust all over everything kind of fun! Choosing NOT to see it right now, and just focusing on this lovely dessert!
You know that strawberry pretzel jello dessert that everyone LOVES, including myself? This is sort of the frozen version of that. It has a similar pretzel crust, a raspberry sherbet middle, and a homemade whipped cream topping. It’s very simple to make, and it looks so pretty and summery with fresh raspberries on top!
What I Love About This Cool and Creamy Raspberry Pretzel Dessert
- It’s has that sweet and salty thing going on!
- It looks impressive, but is super easy!
- It tastes so refreshing on a hot summer night, without feeling too heavy or indulgent.
Make this (ahead of time, you’re welcome) for your next get together, and everyone will LOVE you for it! Or just make it for no good reason like me, and enjoy knowing that it’s waiting for you in the freezer, for that glorious time of the day when everyone has gone to sleep, and your heart is full from a day of doing the kind of rewarding but hard work you were put on this earth to do!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
For the Crust
- 1 1/4 cup finely crushed pretzels (about 2 1/2 cups whole mini pretzel twists)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 48 ounces raspberry sherbet
For the Whipped Topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 heaping tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix crushed pretzels (I used my blender to crush them), sugar and butter and mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9 by 9 inch baking pan. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set, and thaw sherbet at room temperature for easier scooping.
- Spread the sherbet over the crust in an even layer. I like to use a metal spatula dipped in hot water to help smooth out the top. Place the dish in the freezer while you make the whipped topping.
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed. Once it begins to thicken, increase speed to high until soft peaks form (about 2-3 minutes). Spread over the sherbet layer, cover, and return to freezer for at least 3 hours. Remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly before serving. Top with fresh raspberries.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 35g
- Sodium: 183mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 44mg