I love all the fresh flavors and colors in this salad. So healthy and good for you, but so full of flavor and crunch you won’t even care! Chopped bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, and chicken tossed with chopped romaine lettuce. But my favorite part of this salad is the peanuts and crunchy wonton strips. I’m really more about the toppings than the salad!
The sesame peanut dressing is so easy to make – it will literally take you 2 minutes. I love making dressing in mason jars, because you just add all the ingredients and then give it a good shake. Keeps nicely in the fridge for later too. That Ree is full of good ideas, right?
This salad is a great way to use up leftover grilled chicken, or you can use a rotisserie chicken like I did. I guess most people don’t use their grill much in the middle of January! Only those of us in sunny Arizona, where the high tomorrow is 75 degrees. Stay warm friends!Print
Chopped Chicken Salad With Asian Peanut Dressing
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salads
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Asian
Chopped vegetables, chicken, lettuce, peanuts, and wonton strips, and the perfect tangy-sweet sesame peanut dressing to top it all off.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup crispy wonton strips
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- To make dressing, find a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Put the peanut butter into the jar, and microwave for 15 seconds, or until the peanut butter is melted. This helps it dissolve into the other ingredients.
- To the melted peanut butter, add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil and brown sugar. Place the lid on the jar, and shake well until ingredients are well combined.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce, carrots, zucchini, pepper, peanuts and wonton strips, and chicken into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well to coat. I started with half the dressing, and added more a little at a time. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 621mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: chopped Chinese chicken salad, sesame peanut dressing, Chinese chicken salad, healthy
this dressing continues to be a hit with the most picky of eaters in my family. It’s a hit when I entertain – yum!!!! thanks so much! It is a staple in our house 🙂
What a sweet comment! I’m so glad you all like it!
Very good. Did not have enough greens on hand, so we ate it as a wrap sandwich. Thanks for sharing!
So glad you liked it Glenna!
Kate Pistone says
Finally made for dinner tonight, with lots of fresh veggies and grilled chicken – delicious!
So happy to hear this!
This recipe looks delicious! Do you make the crispy wonton strips?
No I found them in the produce section of the grocery store, but I bet homemade would be even better!
This salad looks delicious! I have never had a peanut dressing, but it sounds wonderful! Pinning! Have a great week!
Thanks so much Nici, hope you have a great week too!