Chopped vegetables, chicken, lettuce, peanuts, and wonton strips, and the perfect tangy-sweet sesame peanut dressing to top it all off.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup crispy wonton strips
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- To make dressing, find a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Put the peanut butter into the jar, and microwave for 15 seconds, or until the peanut butter is melted. This helps it dissolve into the other ingredients.
- To the melted peanut butter, add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil and brown sugar. Place the lid on the jar, and shake well until ingredients are well combined.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce, carrots, zucchini, pepper, peanuts and wonton strips, and chicken into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well to coat. I started with half the dressing, and added more a little at a time. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 621mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: chopped Chinese chicken salad, sesame peanut dressing, Chinese chicken salad, healthy