As the weather heats up I feel a shift in my dinnertime cravings from warm cozy dishes like soups and stews to things that are fresh and light. Might have something to do with the fact that swimsuit season is quickly approaching and quite frankly that’s just a really frightening thought! In any season, I think I could eat this Chili Lime Salmon and Avocado Mango Salsa every night for dinner. Well, that would probably only last about a week until I was on to my next favorite dinner, but you know what I mean. It’s quick, it’s healthy, it’s simple, it’s fresh, and it’s pretty.
What more could a girl ask for?
I usually bake salmon in the oven, but I thought it might be nice to just sauté it on the stove top so that I didn’t heat up the whole kitchen. It really was the way to go with this recipe. I loved the way it formed a nice delicate crust on the outside of the salmon, while the inside stayed moist and flaky. The cool and creamy Mango Avocado Salsa with its sweet heat was the perfect match.
Do you own one of these flexible slotted turners? Very helpful when maneuvering delicate things like fish in and out of pan.
This salmon would be awesome served over coconut rice, or in a fish taco. Hope you love it like I do! Have a lovely weekend!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
This salmon is fresh, light, and simple to make!
For the Salsa
- 2 mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and membranes removed, diced finely
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- sprinkle of sea salt
For the Salmon
- 4 (3 oz) salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt
- squeeze of lime
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the Salsa
- In a medium bowl, mix together diced mango, avocado, and jalapeño. Drizzle honey and lime juice over the mixture and toss in fresh cilantro. Season with salt according to taste. Set aside until salmon is ready.
For the Salmon
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sprinkle chili powder and sea salt on both sides of the salmon filets. Place filets in the pan, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until the salmon has a slightly flaky texture (exact time will depend on the thickness). Plate the salmon and squeeze lime juice over each filet, and then top with the mango salsa.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 26g
- Sodium: 390mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
Keywords: chili lime salmon, avocado mango salsa, salmon, fresh, healthy
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the slotted turners are Amazon affiliate links.