Happy Saturday friends! I hope these Bakery Style Oatmeal Raisin Cookies find you in the middle of a glorious long weekend, doing all the things that long weekends are made for.
Maybe you are like us, and you are putting the (almost) final touches on that bathroom remodel project, carting the kiddos around to soccer season kick-off chaos, celebrating the upcoming arrival of a dear friend’s bundle of joy, and hoping to get a head start on school projects with the fourth grader/college student. Good thing we have that extra day!
Whatever your plans are, I do hope you’ll reserve a tiny window of time to make this new favorite cookie of ours. I have a feeling you might be a little put off when you look at the recipe and see a couple of ingredients you may not expect to see in your typical Oatmeal Raisin variety.
This is one of those cookies that is so beyond delicious to me and when I look at my finished images, dissatisfaction surfaces and I think, “You’ll never do. I’m just going to have to mail tiny sample packages to all my beloved LLK readers.” You’ve just got to TASTE these to know the JOY!!!
But of course I will try to convince you… these cookies have the most amazing chewy texture, the flavors are deep and warm, and they are big and soft with a crisp edge like cookies from your favorite bakery. I use my big ice cream scoop to make 18 large cookies from this recipe, and I only bake six at a time on the baking sheet.
When you make these and take your first bite of that still warm but just set cookie, you’ll think, “Now that’s a cookie!” and then you’ll immediately feel torn between sharing them with all your friends and family so they can know the joy as well, or hiding them in a box in the back of your underwear drawer so they can be your little secret. I know the feeling.
Have I convinced you yet? Have a wonderful weekend!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These cookies have the most amazing chewy texture, the flavors are deep and warm, and they are big and soft with a crisp edge like cookies from your favorite bakery!
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, and then vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, salt and oats. Gradually add to the mixing bowl on medium low speed until a dough forms. Add the toasted coconut, raisins and almonds and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop 1/4 cup size cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet (six per sheet) and bake for 14-15 minutes or until edges are nice and brown and center is just done. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
To Toast Coconut
- Spread coconut out in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 3-4 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring once, until coconut is light brown in color. Watch closely as it burns easily.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 193mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
Keywords: bakery style oatmeal raisin cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, cookies