So happy to be sharing this oh-so-good Cheesy Tomato Alfredo Pasta Bake today, but first, let’s talk resolutions.
With the New Year upon us, it’s almost certainly a time for us to think about our goals and resolutions. Whether you are bold enough to type them out in detail, or just whisper them in your heart of hearts, there they are. There’s something about the fresh slate a New Year offers that fills us with hope for good things to come, even when it comes to the changes we’d so love to see in ourselves.
One resolution I find coming to mind without even trying to ponder it has to do with cooking for my family. You might assume that because of this blog, my family always sits down to a hot homemade meal, and we do… a lot of the time. But lately I feel like I’ve been sliding down a path where I’m giving into the busy school nights that come with different sports and activities… the one where everyone is sort of fending for themselves and I’m not really sure who ate what! Please tell me you can relate?
In addition to the busyness that prevents us from sitting down together, there are days when I’ve been testing out a recipe and by the time dinner rolls around I’m out of ideas, ingredients and energy! Honestly, that just makes me feel sad.
So here’s a recipe that I can whip up and gather my family around, and feel good about. What I love most about this recipe is that it is sort of semi-homemade… we didn’t buy it in the frozen food section but it didn’t take all day to make either. And I really LOVE how the creamy alfredo sauce and jarred spaghetti sauce taste together in this dish. It’s rich and comforting, and good and cheesy!
These are the kind of recipes I love sharing with you! Because I hope that you too will gather your loved ones around, as you look one another in the eye, and catch up on each other’s days. That makes me so happy!
So hold me to it okay!? More intentional planning so we can have more meals together and more growing together as a family! I’d love to hear any tips and tricks you all have found helpful. Happy New Year to you all. Let’s get to it!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
Subscribe and I'll send all my recipes right to your inbox! You can also keep up to date by following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.Print
Cheesy Tomato Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
I really LOVE how the creamy alfredo sauce and jarred spaghetti sauce taste together in this dish. It’s rich and comforting, and good and cheesy!
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning blend (I used McCormick)
- 1 pound tube shaped pasta (I used Mezzi Rigatoni)
- 15 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- 1 egg
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, low moisture, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned, panko bread crumb
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish (I used a 10 by 13.75 inch oval dish) with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet on high heat, brown ground beef along with salt, pepper, and Tuscan seasoning. When the beef is cooked through, turn off heat, and drain any excess oil.
- While the beef is browning, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta just shy of al dente. It will soften a bit more in the oven. Turn off the heat and drain water.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix alfredo sauce and egg together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Spoon a small amount of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover. Spoon half of the pasta into the dish, and then half of the ground beef. Next, layer half of the alfredo mixture and half of the spaghetti sauce on top of the beef. Sprinkle half of both the mozzarella and cheddar over the alfredo. Repeat each layer with the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with melted butter and stir to coat. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the last layer of cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, uncovered, or until everything is hot, bubbly and melty.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 939
- Sugar: 7.8g
- Sodium: 1923mg
- Fat: 61g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Unsaturated Fat: 21.5g
- Trans Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 51g
- Cholesterol: 229mg
Keywords: cheesy tomato alfredo pasta bake, pasta, beef, pasta bake, alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, dinner
Chris Scheuer says
This looks wonderful for gathering around on a chilly winter day – like today. We’re having sleet and snow!
Fred C says
Just made it for my family and I didnt have any cheese and wasnt really feeling it to go to the store but it still came out delicious. I will definitely make again and use cheese also.
Looks yummy, so I tried to make one. Though, I add some shredded parmesan on breadcrumbs that turns perfect dish to an already amazing one. 🤤🤤🤤😁😁😁THANK YOU LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN!!!!!!