I really LOVE how the creamy alfredo sauce and jarred spaghetti sauce taste together in this dish. It’s rich and comforting, and good and cheesy!
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning blend (I used McCormick)
- 1 pound tube shaped pasta (I used Mezzi Rigatoni)
- 15 ounce jar alfredo sauce
- 1 egg
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, low moisture, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned, panko bread crumb
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish (I used a 10 by 13.75 inch oval dish) with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet on high heat, brown ground beef along with salt, pepper, and Tuscan seasoning. When the beef is cooked through, turn off heat, and drain any excess oil.
- While the beef is browning, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta just shy of al dente. It will soften a bit more in the oven. Turn off the heat and drain water.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix alfredo sauce and egg together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Spoon a small amount of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover. Spoon half of the pasta into the dish, and then half of the ground beef. Next, layer half of the alfredo mixture and half of the spaghetti sauce on top of the beef. Sprinkle half of both the mozzarella and cheddar over the alfredo. Repeat each layer with the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with melted butter and stir to coat. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the last layer of cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, uncovered, or until everything is hot, bubbly and melty.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 939
- Sugar: 7.8g
- Sodium: 1923mg
- Fat: 61g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Unsaturated Fat: 21.5g
- Trans Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 51g
- Cholesterol: 229mg
Keywords: cheesy tomato alfredo pasta bake, pasta, beef, pasta bake, alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, dinner