This Bruschetta Pasta Salad is packed with flavor and comes together super quickly. It has a few shortcuts in the prep department so that all you really need to do is boil the pasta and then add everything to the bowl and mix! I really meant to share this with you before Labor Day so you could bring it to your BBQ’s and potlucks, but I didn’t get it posted in time. There’s still a few official weeks of summer left though, and this no-mayo pasta salad is a winner anytime of year.
I did find some key ingredients at Trader Joe’s – like the fresh bruschetta topping (in the refrigerated section), the pre-made basil pesto (refrigerated section), the balsamic glaze (by the oil and vinegars), and also the pepitas (by the nuts and seeds). You could also use toasted pinenuts.
The flavors are just so robust and hearty. Alongside some grilled chicken or steak, and you’ve got a beautiful meal that is super easy but guest worthy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 2 cups dry rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 1 cup fresh bruschetta sauce (Trader Joe's)
- 2 handfuls greens (I used arugula)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup roasted salted pepitas
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling (to taste - about 2-3 tablespoons)
- Bring a pot of well salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Toss the room temperature pasta with the basil pesto until well combined, then add 1 cup of the bruschetta sauce, leaving some of the oil in the container behind.
- Add two handfuls of greens and toss together.
- Spoon the pasta salad into a large bowl or platter and sprinkle crumbled feta and pepitas over the top. Drizzle with balsamic glaze according to taste.
- I like to serve this salad at room temperature, but leftovers keep well in the fridge for lunch the next day.
- Serves 6-8 as a side dish.