My brother and sister in law made this unbelievably good chicken at our last family get together, and I couldn’t wait to make it again and share it here. I’m naming it Best Ever Chicken Marinade because it really is the best I’ve ever had!
I adapted this marinade recipe just a bit, and I also used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. It works really well for chicken breasts also, and I can’t wait to try it on steak or salmon. I only had about four hours to let it marinate, but our chicken turned out wonderfully juicy and flavorful.
You can let your chicken marinate overnight if you have time. I love how straight forward the ingredients are and I always have them on hand. Next time I’ll make sure I do a double batch so I can have extra grilled chicken prepped and ready to add to salads throughout the week.
Grilling season is definitely here in Arizona, and I know the rest of the country is thawing out too and getting ready to get outside and grill too. Keep this recipe in mind for the next time you are grilling out. I know you’ll love it!Print
This is truly the Best Ever Chicken Marinade! I used chicken thighs, and they turned out wonderfully juicy and flavorful.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (plus more for garnish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- In a large bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, dried minced onion, dried parsley, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Whisk together briskly to emulsify. Place chicken into the bowl and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Allow to marinate for at least four hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Place the chicken on the grill, and then turn heat down to medium. Grill 8-10 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the chicken) or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Transfer the chicken from the grill to a serving platter, and top with butter, turning to coat. Sprinkle additional dried parsley as a garnish if desired. Cover and let the chicken rest for five minutes and then serve.
I adapted this recipe from All Recipe’s Unbelievable Chicken.
Keywords: best ever chicken marinade, chicken marinade, chicken, chicken thighs, marinade