- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (plus more for garnish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- In a large bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, dried minced onion, dried parsley, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Whisk together briskly to emulsify. Place chicken into the bowl and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Allow to marinate for at least four hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Place the chicken on the grill, and then turn heat down to medium. Grill 8-10 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the chicken) or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Transfer the chicken from the grill to a serving platter, and top with butter, turning to coat. Sprinkle additional dried parsley as a garnish if desired. Cover and let the chicken rest for five minutes and then serve.
I adapted this recipe from All Recipe’s Unbelievable Chicken.