- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, stem and seeds removed, sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory and Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- Tortillas for serving
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until they are soft and starting to caramelize. Add peppers, season with salt, and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Remove the pepper and onions from the pan into a separate bowl, and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan, then add chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder and chili powder. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and completely cooked through the center, stirring occasionally. Turn heat to medium low.
- Add pineapple, Sweet Baby Ray’s, peppers, and onions back into the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes until everything is heated through. Add additional salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve on warm, toasted flour tortillas with fresh cilantro if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 572
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 675mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 72g
- Cholesterol: 193mg