This post is actually a tiny bit special for me. Not because these Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies are hands down AMAZING, or because they were made to celebrate some type of anniversary or special occasion, but because they are the first recipe I’ve ever shared with you that I didn’t make myself!
A couple weeks back while I was standing by the stove stirring a big pot of my Sweet Potato Chili, my husband kind of got the hankering for some cookies. Since I was kind of preoccupied with the chili, he got busy with the cookies (with a little verbal guidance from me) and the result was decidedly BLOG WORTHY so here they are!
They are a variation of my Bakery Style Oatmeal Raisin cookies, obviously minus the raisins and spices. They are just so thick and soft in the middle with the most perfect chewy edge! I’m almost making myself sad right now because as I type this, I’m staring at these pictures without a single REAL cookie to behold. It’s a hard life, I tell you!
You might be wondering why I occasionally label a cookie recipe “Bakery Style”. This is just my fancy pants way of noting that they are purposely large cookies, much like you’d find in your favorite bakery. There’s something about the ratio of middle to edge in a larger cookie that really makes me happy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Big, thick, soft chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, just like you’d find at your favorite bakery!
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped finely
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, and then add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and oats. Gradually add to the mixing bowl on low speed until a dough forms. Add the almonds and chocolate chips, and mix to incorporate.
- Scoop 1/4 cup sized cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet (six per sheet) and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown and the center is just done. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: bakery style oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, cookies, snack