Okay friends, are you ready for this? Today, I am humbly bringing you a recipe for meatloaf. Yep, it’s MEAT. Shaped like a LOAF. I have to confess, I made this recipe a while back, and have been a little hesitant to share it with you. You see, I like to think of myself as a little more complicated than meatloaf. A little more refined? More sophisticated?
But apparently I am not! Because I really like this meatloaf. And I really liked the meatloaf my mom made for us when I was younger. And my boys all loved this meatloaf. My husband was fairly unfamiliar with meatloaf and was a little uppity about trying it until I reassured him that it is nothing more than a GIANT MEATBALL wrapped in BACON! And then he liked it too.
Obviously, the lattice approach with the bacon is me trying to bring meatloaf to a level that makes me comfortable sharing it with you here on Lovely Little Kitchen. But underneath, it’s still a humble loaf of meat. And I’m okay with that now! And I’m sure Lovely Little Kitchen is okay with it too.
I love how well McCormick’s Smokehouse Maple Seasoning works in this recipe. It goes so well with the BBQish topping and of course, the bacon!
So if you don’t already have a meatloaf recipe that you love, or if you want to try something new, give this one a whirl! And if you are feeling the whole retro thing, serve it with peas and potatoes!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
This bacon wrapped meatloaf is comfort food at its best, kicked up a notch with a Smokehouse Maple seasoning!
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef (I used 85/15)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and set an oven proof rack over the top of the foil. This helps the grease drip away from the meatloaf.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, Worcestershire, and McCormick Smokehouse Maple seasoning. Mix (with hands) until well combined. Shape into a loaf and set on top of the wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup and brown sugar. Spoon over the top of the meatloaf.
- Lay the bacon out in a lattice pattern on a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper, and then flip it over onto the top of the meatloaf, tucking the sides under.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 599
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Sodium: 2026mg
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18.5g
- Trans Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 51g
- Cholesterol: 204mg
Keywords: bacon wrapped meatloaf, bacon, meatloaf, beef, comfort food