Thought we might need something on the lighter side after our Valentine’s Day treats. I really love all the fresh vibrant colors going on in this salad. Inspired by the classic taco salad, I was so close to adding ground beef and nacho flavored Doritos but stopped at the last minute because I really was craving something light and fresh. It’s one of those salads you can switch up and use whatever ingredients you think would taste good.
The dressing is easy to whip up, and though it’s creamy, it’s not super heavy and it just adds a nice spice. The recipe makes a good amount so you will have extra for the next salad too.
Do make sure you have some kind of tortilla chip along side. You can either crush them up to use on top of the salad, or mix everything together and use the chips as a scoop. This salad was such a cinch and really hit the spot for me!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup avocado chopped
- 4 ounce can sliced black olives
- Tortilla Chips on the side
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spread romaine lettuce out on a large platter, or large shallow bowl. Top with black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and olives.
- In a blender or food processor, mix together sour cream, salsa verde, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and garlic powder and blend until smooth. Drizzle over salad as desired. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
- Serve with tortilla chips.