A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to travel to Nashville, Tennessee to spend some time with KitchenAid and a wonderful group of food bloggers. It was such a fun place to visit with a unique and growing food culture as well as the expected southern charm.
While we were there, we got to hang out at the Food Sheriff Department, where we were free to play around in the kitchen.
We had all kinds of fresh ingredients, recipe inspiration, a fully stocked pantry, and all the latest and greatest KitchenAid appliances and kitchenware! It was truly a food blogger’s paradise.
That’s my friend Emily from Jelly Toast. She’s as cool as they come and I could stare at her photography all day.
She’s checking out the produce drawer on the first-ever five-door refrigerator. Great idea right? Quick and easy access to all the fresh, healthy stuff you don’t want to forget about.
One of the up and coming KitchenAid appliances I am most excited about is their new Pro-Line Blender. I thought my blender had gumption, and I was definitely skeptical, but I watched this thing blend up (extra thick) fresh carrots into the most delicious Curry Carrot Soup without even blinking. I’ve got a designated parking spot on my kitchen countertop all ready to go for this blender. It will be available this summer!
And now for these amazing cookies! I’ve been following Chris over at The Café Sucre Farine for a while and it was such a highlight to be able to make these Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies Cookies with her. She’s the sweetest thing, and just as I thought she would be.
When I got back from the retreat, I just had to make them again for my family. My husband, who is a pretty die hard chocolate chip cookie guy, took one bite, and said, “Now that’s a good cookie!” Something about those hearty oats, crispy toasted coconut, tangy blueberries and sweet white chocolate just really works! Try them and you’ll see!
Thanks for following along on my Nashville Adventure and thank you to KitchenAid for the wonderful retreat!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (heaping) sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, or chopped white chocolate
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread coconut out in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 3-4 minutes, stirring once, until coconut is light brown in color. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, and then vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and oats. Gradually add to the mixing bowl on medium low speed until a dough forms. Add the toasted coconut, dried blueberries and white chocolate and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop 1/4 cup size cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet (six per sheet) and bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are nice and brown and center is just done. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.