I’ve seen a few variations of the cookie dough topped brownie floating around, and I wanted to try my own version because I’ve had some leftover cookie dough in the freezer. I love the addition of the chocolate covered graham cracker on the bottom of each brownie. It lends a nice crunch and almost acts like a crust.
I decided to try baking these in my square muffin tin because it is difficult to get the brownie layer baked all the way without overcooking the cookie dough on top. The individual muffins, having less “middle” than a 9 x 13 baking dish, solves this little issue. It also helps to let the brownie layer bake for eight minutes before adding the cookie dough… gives them a little head start. This recipe only uses about half of my chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, but I would just make the whole thing and put the extra in the freezer for another day.
The bottom layer is the chocolate covered graham cookie.
Then you add the brownie batter.
Break up your chocolate chip cookie dough into small pieces.
And add the crumbles of dough to your slightly baked brownies.Print
Chocolate covered graham cookie + fudge brownie + chocolate chip cookie dough = super rich Triple Layer Brownies!
- Boxed brownie mix
- Half recipe of chocolate chip cookie dough
- 38 Chocolate covered graham cookies
- Prepare chocolate chip cookie dough according to directions and chill.
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions on the box. Follow the “fudge like” brownie direction if there is an option.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a square shaped muffin tin by greasing it thoroughly. On the bottom of each section, place two chocolate covered graham cookies side by side. I used a sharp knife to trim one cookie to allow them to fit nicely together. Be careful not to squeeze them in too tightly, or it will be difficult to remove the finished brownie after baking.
- With an ice cream scoop, top each section of graham cookies with brownie batter.
- At this point, bake the brownies for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and top with “crumbles” of cookie dough.
- Put them back in the oven and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least 15 minutes before trying to remove them from the pan. Loosen the edges with a toothpick or butter knife to release them from the pan.
Source: Inspired by Pinch of Yum
Keywords: triple layer brownies, chocolate, graham crackers, fudge brownie, chocolate chip cookie dough
Better have a nice cold glass of milk nearby. These babies are rich!