Going to keep it short and sweet tonight, mostly because it’s kind of hard to type with a Brownie Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich in your hand. But in between bites and with slightly sticky fingers, I’ll fill you in.
This recipe is based on my Extra Thick and Fudgy Brownies, but with an extra cup of flour so that the batter is thick enough to hold it’s shape for a cookie.
The chocolate flavor is right on. I use a tiny bit of coffee extract, which stays hidden but really brings out the chocolate flavor.
In addition to the cocoa powder, I melted semisweet chocolate chips into the batter, but you could do dark if that’s your thing.
This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies, so you keep some plain and then use the rest to make these Brownie Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. Just make sure you freeze the cookies before trying to make them. This makes them hold up better when you are pressing them against the ice cream.
The cookie stays fairly soft even when frozen, so the ice cream doesn’t squish out the back when you bite into it. I know you know what I’m talking about and can appreciate the benefits of a nice soft ice cream sandwich cookie!
Feeling extra fancy? Add some chocolate sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, crushed peanuts… See how many you can stack up before they topple over. Just kidding, that’s something only a crazy lady food blogger would do. Thanks for loving me anyway.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coffee extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar and whisk 1-2 minutes to dissolve sugar. Add chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and coffee extract and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat, and set aside to allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled slightly, add eggs one at a time, whisking well in between each addition.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop a rounded tablespoon of batter for each cookie, and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 64mg
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 26mg