These Ritzy Rolo Cookies are sure to become a new favorite at your house this holiday season. They look so fancy and dressed up, but are actually so simple to make! The flakey, buttery cracker sandwiches a caramel candy, and then the whole thing is coated in chocolate. Toasted almonds are sprinkled on top to finish them off, and they are ready to party! Let me show you how to make them…
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Lay out 48 Ritz crackers upside down on a half sheet pan. Top each cracker with an unwrapped Rolo candy. Place them in the oven for 3 minutes, just to soften the Rolo. When they come out of the oven, top them with another Ritz cracker.
Melt Almond Bark in a microwave safe container, and add just a bit of oil to thin it out. Dip each Ritz sandwich into the chocolate, coating both sides evenly. Use a fork to remove the Ritz from the melted chocolate and tap the excess off on the side of the container. Place the dipped cookies on a piece of wax paper, and then sprinkle with toasted almonds before the chocolate sets.
They will set at room temperature in about 30-45 minutes, or you can put them in the fridge to speed it up. They are so fun to make, and kids will enjoy helping too.
These would make great treats to pass out to neighbors or friends for the holidays. They look so much fancier than they are! They are such a delicious sweet and salty combo. You could top them with any kind of nut you prefer, or just do Christmas colored sprinkles.
I hope these Ritzy Rolo Cookies find their way onto your holiday baking list, and that you enjoy making them like we did!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Thanks to a few shortcuts, these Ritzy Rolo Cookies look so fancy and dressed up, but are actually so simple to make!
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 96 Ritz Crackers (3 sleeves)
- 48 Rolo Candies
- 12 ounces* (six squares) Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used avocado oil)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Toast almonds over medium heat in a pan on the stovetop. Watch closely for them to lightly brown and become fragrant. Remove from heat, and chop finely. Set aside.
- Lay 48 Ritz crackers upside down on a half sheet pan. Top each cracker with a Rolo candy.
- Bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and top each melted Rolo with an other cracker.
- Place six blocks of chocolate Almond Bark in a microwave safe container. Heat for 45 seconds, then stir. Add 10 seconds of additional heating time as needed, but be careful not to burn. When the chocolate is smooth, stir in 1 teaspoon oil.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on the counter.
- Dip each Ritz sandwich into the melted chocolate, coating each side. Use a fork to remove the Ritz from the chocolate, tapping the excess off on the edge of the container. This part takes some patience! Place on the wax paper, and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Allow the chocolate to set until dry.
- Place in an airtight container at room temperature, or chill if preferred.
*You may need to melt more almond bark, depending on how thin you make your chocolate coating. I like to start with 12 ounces, and melt more as needed.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.8mg
Keywords: ritzyr rolo cookies, ritz crackers, rolo candy