My Honey Almond Granola might be my most “made” recipes. I love, love, love it when you all make my recipes in your own kitchens and let me know that you love them as much as I do. I wanted to do a little nut-free variation (this one’s for you Zoey girl!) on that recipe, and so I used pretzels instead of almonds.
If you haven’t tried making your own granola yet, it is way better than store-bought! I love that you can mix the ingredients together in about five minutes, and then it only takes about ten more to bake. I usually have all stuff I need in my pantry too, so when the need arises, I can make it happen pretty quickly.
I love granola that clumps together. The clumps are the best. It helps to let your granola cool in a layer that is about 1/4 inch thick. If you spread it out too much while it’s cooling, no clumps for you.
For this recipe, you will use pretzels that you crush both finely and coarsely. The finely crushed pretzels coat the oats and give each bite that pretzel flavor. The coarsely crushed pretzels are there so you know this is pretzel granola!
You can use a food processor, blender (I used my Blendtec Twister Jar), or just a plastic bag and rolling pin to crush the pretzels.
I’m going to share a recipe later this week that stars this fabulous granola. I know you all are on the edge of your seat now right? Just hafta wait and see!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
Perfectly sweet and salty nut-free granola that you can make in 15 minutes.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cups pretzels (crushed to a fine crumb)
- 1 cup pretzels (crushed coarsely)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, pretzels (coarse and fine), and salt and mix together.
- In a small bowl, melt honey and coconut oil together in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour honey mixture into oat mixture and stir well to coat.
- Spread the oats evenly onto a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then stir the oats around on the baking sheet. Return to the oven for 5-7 more minutes. Watch closely for the granola to turn a light golden brown.
- Remove the granola from the oven and pour onto a large piece of parchment paper. Spread it out to a layer about 1/4 inch thick, and allow it too cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Break it into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pretzel granola, homemade granola, nut-free granola, granola