- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cups pretzels (crushed to a fine crumb)
- 1 cup pretzels (crushed coarsely)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, pretzels (coarse and fine), and salt and mix together.
- In a small bowl, melt honey and coconut oil together in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour honey mixture into oat mixture and stir well to coat.
- Spread the oats evenly onto a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then stir the oats around on the baking sheet. Return to the oven for 5-7 more minutes. Watch closely for the granola to turn a light golden brown.
- Remove the granola from the oven and pour onto a large piece of parchment paper. Spread it out to a layer about 1/4 inch thick, and allow it too cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Break it into pieces and store in an airtight container.