Well hey there friends, it sure is Monday! We are gearing up for a great week around here, and I hope you are too. Before I hop to all the things on my to-do list today, I have to tell you real quick about this Pork Tenderloin recipe and more importantly, this Sweet Chili Pecan Glaze.
My husband and I are absolutely crazy about it, and even though I just made it, and we had leftovers for lunch last week, we are already wanting to make it again! It’s so easy to make, and the sweet heat of the glaze with the peppery pork tenderloin is the perfect compliment. We really couldn’t get enough!
What is so appealing to me about making this recipe is that the pork tenderloin is seared in a heavy bottomed oven safe pan (such as this one) on the stovetop and then the chicken broth is used to deglaze the pan. This provides a really well flavored liquid for the rice to soak up as it cooks. You could also grill the pork tenderloin, and cook the rice separately if that is easier for you. The glaze would be fantastic on chicken or salmon also.
Okay, enough pork tenderloin chit-chat here, I’d better get to that Monday morning to-do list. Laundry and dishes here I come. Be kind to me!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
For the Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/3 pound pork tenderloin (peppercorn marinated*)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 4.3 ounce boxes rice mix (I used Rice-A-Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice)
For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan (I use my French oven), over medium high heat. When the pan is very hot, add olive oil, and sear pork tenderloin on all sides for 2-3 minutes each, or until the sides are golden brown. Remove the pork tenderloin from the pan, and quickly add the chicken broth, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in both boxes of rice, and add one of the seasoning packets, stiring to combine. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, and then add the pork tenderloin back into the pan, cover and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- In the meantime, add the butter, brown sugar, honey, chicken broth, and chipotle chili powder to a small saucepan. Stir together over medium heat, until it starts to simmer and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add the pecans and remove from heat.
- When the pork tenderloin is cooked through, remove it from the pan to a cutting board and cover with foil to allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2 inch medallions. Serve with rice and spoon glaze on top.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 716
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 767mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 47g
- Cholesterol: 144mg
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the French oven are Amazon affiliate links.