I’m so thrilled to be working with the National Mango Board this year to help tell the story of the mighty superfruit! They want mangos to move from being an exotic fruit to a daily necessity in every household, and I’m happy to help. Today I’m here to help and inspire you to add mangos to your holiday menu with a Pistachio Crusted Mango Cheese Log.
With the holidays just around the corner, I thought I’d share one of the easiest ways I’ve found to make everyone happy when it comes to entertaining guests. Build an epic charcuterie board! Not only is there something for everyone, but with just a little planning it makes a beautiful centerpiece as well.
The star of this charcuterie board is my Pistachio Crusted Mango Cheese Log. It starts with diced fresh mango, pomegranate arils and whipped goat cheese. After chilling, it is rolled in crushed pistachios and crispy bits of fried sage. You can make it ahead of time and have it all ready to go.
The flavor combination of the sweet mango, tangy goat cheese, buttery sage and salty pistachios is amazing!
Serve the Pistachio Crusted Mango Cheese Log alongside a variety of cheeses, as well as cured meats, crackers, nuts, jams and fruit. Adding mango to your charcuterie board is a lovely unexpected surprise. Most people think that mangos are only in season in the summer time, but they are actually available year-round. And while people often think of mangos for traditional summer dishes, they’re a perfect addition to many fall and winter dishes as well.
The variety I used in my charcuterie board is the Tommy Atkins, which is the most widely grown commercial variety that comes into the United States. It has a mildly sweet flavor, which pairs really well with the tangy goat cheese and salty pistachios.
Be sure to check out the video below to see how to cut the mango, make my Pistachio Crusted Mango Cheese Log, and put together your own epic charcuterie board. It’s easier than you think, and such a great way to gather your loved ones for the holidays.
If you want to learn more about mangos, check out these fun facts from the National Mango Board.
This post is sponsored by The National Mango Board.Print
This Pistachio Crusted Mango Cheese log is perfect for the holidays! It has sweet mango, tangy goat cheese, buttery sage and salty pistachios.
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves (or 1 teaspoon dry sage leaves)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whip goat cheese until soft and creamy. Add finely diced mango and pomegranate arils and fold in gently.
- Place the whipped goat cheese mixture on a piece of plastic wrap, and roll to form a log, twisting the ends tightly. Chill until firm 3-4 hours, or longer.
- In a small pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add sage leaves and fry, about 1-2 minutes per side or until crispy. Remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Crush the fried sage leaves into bits and mix into the chopped pistachios. Spread the mixture onto a clean work surface and roll the chilled cheese log into the nut mixture until all sides are evenly coated. Wrap and chill – allow the cheese to come to room temperate when serving for easy spreading.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
Keywords: pistachio crusted mango cheese log, mango, goat cheese, sage, pistachios, Christmas appetizer, cheese log