- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves (or 1 teaspoon dry sage leaves)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whip goat cheese until soft and creamy. Add finely diced mango and pomegranate arils and fold in gently.
- Place the whipped goat cheese mixture on a piece of plastic wrap, and roll to form a log, twisting the ends tightly. Chill until firm 3-4 hours, or longer.
- In a small pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add sage leaves and fry, about 1-2 minutes per side or until crispy. Remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Crush the fried sage leaves into bits and mix into the chopped pistachios. Spread the mixture onto a clean work surface and roll the chilled cheese log into the nut mixture until all sides are evenly coated. Wrap and chill – allow the cheese to come to room temperate when serving for easy spreading.