Oh friends, it’s officially too hot here in AZ. All I can bear to post is something cool and creamy! This Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream is one of the best homemade ice creams I’ve ever tasted. It is so smooth, rich, and full of peanut butter flavor. The crushed Oreos add a wonderful texture, and we all know chocolate and peanut butter are just dreamy together.
My friend, Julie, made this recipe from the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker recipe book and shared it with us. She said she also loved it with crushed Oreos and I’ve been meaning to make it myself ever since. It really doesn’t take very long to make, and I love the ice cream maker I have because it doesn’t require any salt to churn. You just freeze the canister ahead of time and then churn the ice cream batter for about 25 minutes. So easy!
This Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream is so incredibly rich! The peanut butter ice cream base almost reminds me of frozen peanut butter cookie dough. If you are the kind of person who wouldn’t think twice about eating a scoop of peanut butter right out of the jar (raising my hand), this recipe is for you!
I like to scoop the ice cream out of the ice cream canister into a container with a lid so that it can firm up in the freezer. I think it’s easiest to scoop after about 4 hours of extra freezer time.
So if the summer heat is becoming a little too much for you (raising my hand), do yourself a favor and whip up this homemade Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream. It’ll surely cool you down and cheer you up!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
Subscribe and I'll send all my recipes right to your inbox! You can also keep up to date by following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.Print
Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
This homemade Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream is so creamy, rich, and full of peanut butter flavor. I love the texture that the crushed Oreos add!
- 1 1/8 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk peanut butter and granulated sugar together with a hand mixer on medium speed.
- Add milk, and mix again until smooth and the sugar granules have dissolved. Pause to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl if needed.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract, and mix one more time just to combine.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into ice cream maker canister and churn according to directions on your machine. My Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker with the pre-frozen canister took 20-25 minutes of churning.
- Just before the ice cream is finished churning, add crushed Oreo cookies and churn until ice cream is ready.
- Scoop the ice cream into a container and freeze until ready to serve, at least 4 hours or overnight.
This recipe is from the Cuisinart Ice Cream recipe book that was included with my ice cream maker. It was first introduced to me by my dear friend, Julie, who had the brilliant idea to add crushed Oreos!
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 644
- Sugar: 36g
- Sodium: 315mg
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Unsaturated Fat: 22.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: peanut butter Oreo ice cream, homemade ice cream, peanut butter, Oreo cookies, ice cream
April Reany says
This is so good! I have to pace myself eating this on a hot AZ day. If you don’t love peanut butter like I do, then this isn’t the recipe for you. I added some chocolate syrup on top because I also love chocolate. Will be making this again! Thank you Julie!