- 1 1/8 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk peanut butter and granulated sugar together with a hand mixer on medium speed.
- Add milk, and mix again until smooth and the sugar granules have dissolved. Pause to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl if needed.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract, and mix one more time just to combine.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into ice cream maker canister and churn according to directions on your machine. My Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker with the pre-frozen canister took 20-25 minutes of churning.
- Just before the ice cream is finished churning, add crushed Oreo cookies and churn until ice cream is ready.
- Scoop the ice cream into a container and freeze until ready to serve, at least 4 hours or overnight.
This recipe is from the Cuisinart Ice Cream recipe book that was included with my ice cream maker. It was first introduced to me by my dear friend, Julie, who had the brilliant idea to add crushed Oreos!
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 644
- Sugar: 36g
- Sodium: 315mg
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Unsaturated Fat: 22.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 71mg