When it comes to cookies, flavor is definitely a big deal, but texture is everything! When it comes to texture, some of my favorite cookies are these traditional Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps, and I also a good peanut butter cookie. Thick, soft, and chewy in the middle with a crisp sugary exterior is my best cookie game. These Peanut Butter Molasses cookies are the best of both of those favorites!
While the texture is spot on, I also love the way the peanut butter rounds out the tang of the molasses in these cookies. They don’t scream peanut butter, but it hangs out in the background and adds a nice balance.
I used course sparkling sugar on some of these cookies and regular granulated sugar on the rest. They looked really pretty with the course sugar, but I think we actually preferred the regular sugar for taste. Let me know what you think if you make them.
It’s so fun this time of year to go back to the cookie recipes we make every year, but I also love trying something new! These Peanut Butter Molasses Cookies were a fun new recipe to try, and I will definitely make them again soon.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
These Peanut Butter Molasses Cookies are thick, soft, and chewy in the middle with a crisp sugary exterior. They might just become a new holiday favorite!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Additional sugar (sparkling or granulated) for rolling/ sprinkling
- In a large stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, egg, molasses, and peanut butter together on medium speed with the paddle attachment until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cloves, cinnamon, and baking soda. On low speed, gradually mix the dry ingredients into the batter until a dough forms. Cover and chill 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons each*), roll them in granulated sugar or sprinkle course sparkling sugar on top, and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet (6-8 cookies per sheet).
- Bake for 11-14 minutes. The top will be crackled and the center slightly wet. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
*These are large cookies. If you would like smaller cookies, you can use less dough and decrease the baking time slightly.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 210mg
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
Keywords: peanut butter molasses cookies, peanut butter, molasses, cookies, Christmas