I got to help out in Little Boy #1’s class this week, and as I was sitting at the table in the back with one little girl doing some make-up work, she says, “Do you know why I was gone last week? I had a tummy bug. And I’m feeling the same way I did then right now.”
God bless teachers is all I have to say!
My boys have the most awesome teachers ever. They come home and tell me the coolest things they are learning about. I love when random facts come out of their mouths. Did you know that the Emperor of China built a massive army out of clay to for protection in the afterlife? It took 40 years to build. And no two soldiers are exactly alike. And they invented the crossbow?
Amazing. Kids excited about learning about the world around them is a huge blessing, and teachers make it happen.
And while the older ones are at school soaking it up like a sponge, Little Boy #3 and I are home making Mini Iced Lemon Pound Cake Loaves, per his request. Because he can’t walk by the lemons that have fallen off the trees onto the sidewalk without thinking about lemon cake. And I’m easy to persuade.
And we even made them a little healthier for you with coconut oil and Greek yogurt. You’re welcome.
I love the denser texture of these loaves, and their sweet, creamy, lemon flavor. The lemon is there, but it’s gentle. Kind of like, “Oh hey there,” not like, “HELLOO!!!” if you know what I mean.
Make these and see what I love about them! Off to pick up the boys from school. Have a lovely weekend. If you make something yummy, share it and tag me on Instagram so I can see!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
Subscribe and I'll send all my recipes right to your inbox! You can also keep up to date by following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.Print
Mini Iced Lemon Pound Cake Loaves
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 3 mini loaves 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
These little loaves are sweet and moist with just the right amount of lemon flavor. Made healthier with coconut oil and Greek yogurt!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon Greek yogurt (5.3 ounce carton)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
For the Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together coconut oil and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed in between.
- Add yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between three greased mini loaf pans.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, checking for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick should come out with a few crumbs attached but no wet batter.
- Remove the pound cake loaves from oven and let the cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove loaves from the baking pans, and allow to cool on a wire rack while you make the icing.
- Whisk the icing together until smooth, adding just enough milk to bring it together. You want it to be almost as thick as toothpaste. Spread it over the slightly warm loaves and allow it to drip over the sides. The icing will harden within 10 minutes.
Adapted from Myrecipes.com
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Loaf
- Calories: 1115
- Sugar: 122g
- Sodium: 544mg
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 172g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 187mg
Keywords: mini iced lemon pound cake loaves, mini pound cake loaves, lemon pound cake, lemon dessert, mini loaves
How big is each mini loaf? And did I read the nutrition information correctly? Is one mini loaf 1,115 calories?
Margo Rothaus says
I haven’t made it yet -just printed out the recipe. But I wanted to tell you this is one of the best organized, most clearly presented and easy to follow recipes I’ve ever seen! Thank you so much. I can imagine how much work it took to get it just right! I can’t wait to try it