These iced chocolate donut cookies are a variation of my sugar cookie donuts, which I could eat by the dozen. Their miniature size just makes it way too easy loose track of how many I’ve had. I love using my mini donut pan with cookie dough instead of cake batter, and the possibilities are endless. So I thought I’d do a nice chewy chocolate cookie with a powdered sugar icing and red and green nonpareils just in time for Christmas.
I can see these on a little plate with a glass of milk set out Christmas Eve for you know who!
Or maybe since they are shaped like donuts, they could be enjoyed for breakfast after opening presents Christmas morning?Print
These iced chocolate donut cookies are tiny bites of chewy chocolate cookie with powdered sugar icing and red and green nonpareils.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients on low speed until they are just incorporated.
- Press a 1 inch ball of dough into each well of a greased mini donut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and then allow the donut cookies to cool for 10 minutes before removing. I find the best way to remove them is to turn the pan upside down and give it a firm whack on the countertop.
- When donut cookies are completely cooled, dip the top of each one into the glaze, and add sprinkles.
- Whisk together the milk and powdered sugar until smooth. Start with 2 tablespoons of milk and gradually add a tiny bit more until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serving Size: 1 Donut
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 84mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: iced chocolate donut cookies, chocolate donut cookies, donut cookies, chocolate, cookies, icing, Christmas baking