With three boys to call my very own, we don’t see pink around here very often, and I’m totally okay with that. Around here we do Legos, trucks, and choo-choo trains. We are loud. We are rough. Sometimes, we are even stinky. So I guess baking is a good outlet for my girlie side to come out now and then. I’m thinking these would be perfect for a baby shower. Dear friends, could one of you please have a baby girl so I can throw you a shower and make these?
I’ve made baked donuts in this mini donut baking pan before that looked so good, but were totally disappointing when it came to taste. I guess when I want a donut, I just really want the fried kind! So I decided to use my little donut pan to make sugar cookies shaped like donuts instead. These sugar cookie donuts are soft, sweet, and buttery, with a hint of almond flavor. They are topped with a pink almond glaze and a sprinkle of nonpareils. Adorable!
I used my Pampered-Chef scoop to make sure each donut cookies was the same size.
I placed the dough ball right over the center of the donut mold and then pressed the dough into the mold so the center post came through.
Bake them for a quick 7 minutes and then allow them to cool for a bit in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
When they are completely cool, give them a little dip into the pink almond glaze.
Allow the excess glaze to drip off back into the bowl.
Sprinkle with nonpareils while the glaze is still wet, and then let them dry for an hour or so.Print
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- food coloring (red and white)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix. Add vanilla, almond extract, and greek yogurt and beat until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and baking soda. Gradually add dry ingredients to the batter and mix until combined.
- Place tablespoon sized balls of dough into each section of a well-greased mini donut baking pan. Press the dough around the donut mold.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, and allow to cool for another 7-8 minutes in the pan before removing. To remove, gently twist the donut to loosen the edges. Turn the pan upside down and give it a firm whack on the counter… they should come tumbling out!
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, half and half and almond extract. I used a tiny drop of red food coloring, and also a bit of white to make a nice soft pink color.
- Dip the cooled sugar cookie donuts into the glaze and allow the excess to drip back into the bowl before placing them on a cooling rack. Sprinkle with nonpareils while the glaze is still wet.
- Serving Size: 1 Sugar Cookie Donut
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Disclaimer: the links in this post for the mini donut pan are Amazon affiliate links.