I love a good cake! This Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is sweet and moist with a layer of sweetened cream cheese, raspberry preserves, and a buttery crumb topping. I love how the subtle lemon flavor lifts the sweetness a bit, and the tang of the cream cheese and raspberry preserves are so perfect together.
This Raspberry Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake isn’t difficult to make. There are three parts: the cake, the cream cheese and raspberry layer, and then the crumb topping. When it’s all baked and cooled, dust the top with powdered sugar and it’s ready to go.
This recipe is a variation of a Lemon Coffee Cake recipe I posted years ago when I first started sharing recipes here, and it’s been one of my most popular recipes ever since. I had a half-empty jar of raspberry preserves in my fridge so I decided to remake it with a little twist. So glad I did. Cory says it reminds him of his favorite Entenmann’s Crumb Coffee Cake.
Do Coffee Cakes have coffee in them?
Whenever I post a coffee cake recipe, I usually get a question about why it is called coffee cake if there’s no coffee in it. Coffee cakes became popular in America in the late 1800s and some did contain coffee as an ingredient, but now they are generally a sweet, streusel-topped cake with fruit filling and sometimes icing. They are generally served in the morning with coffee rather than as a dessert. I’ll eat this one at any time of the day!
This Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is certainly perfect for a Sunday brunch or to serve to overnight guests, but don’t wait for a special occasion to make it. I’m already looking forward to my morning cup of coffee tomorrow and a big slice of this cake. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
This Raspberry Lemon Coffee Cake is sweet and moist with a layer of sweetened cream cheese, raspberry preserves, and a buttery crumb topping.
For the Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used whole milk, honey sweetened)
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
For the Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed and chilled
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 by 8 inch pan with nonstick spray – I used a glass pan, lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, mix sugar, oil and egg on medium speed until smooth. Add Greek yogurt, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture into the batter. Mix until everything is incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Scoop the cake batter into the pan and spread it to the corners.
- Clean the mixing bowl, and then add the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and lemon juice, mixing together on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the batter, and then add dollops of raspberry preserves on top of the cream cheese, swirling it in slightly with a butter knife.
- Add flour, granulated sugar, and butter to a small bowl. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter into the flour and sugar until there are pea-sized clumps.
- Spread the crumb topping mixture over the cream cheese and raspberry preserves.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes. The edges will be slightly golden. Allow the cake to cool completely, then dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares. Store the cake in an air tight container at room temperature for up to three days.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 488
- Sugar: 35g
- Sodium: 238mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: lemon raspberry cream cheese coffee cake, lemon, raspberry, cream cheese, coffee cake