Lately, we’ve been making some kind of fresh salsa to go along with our weekly taco night. This Honey Lime Corn Salsa is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Everything is so fresh! I love that it makes good use of all the tomatoes and jalapeños coming out of the garden. It’s easy to put together, and it makes any taco night just a little extra. Serve it with chips, or as a taco topping.
The flavors are inspired by our favorite Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. In addition to the corn, tomatoes, onion, and jalapeños, I add fresh lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder, and salt. And fresh cilantro too. But you can leave it out if you like… did you know some people think it tastes like soap? So crazy!
This Honey Lime Corn Salsa tastes best made the same day, but I do like to make it just a bit ahead of time so that the flavors have some time to meld together. I always use any leftovers in a chicken taco salad for lunch the next day.
Fresh corn kernels cut off the cob are so good in this salsa… there is no need to cook them ahead of time. You can also use canned or frozen corn in a pinch, but use fresh if you are able.
This Honey Lime Corn Salsa just screams summertime, and I hope you get the chance to make it soon. I love how chips and dip bring everyone to the table, and the sweet and salty flavors here are an unexpected surprise that people can’t seem to get enough of!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?Print
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Add raw corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, honey, salt, chili powder, and cumin together. Pour over corn mixture, and stir to coat. Taste for seasoning, and add additional salt or fresh lime to taste. Serve with chips!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg