We’re making a list of our favorite summer lunches ideas, and these Homemade Mini Bagel Pizzas are at the top of the list!
Summer break is here in full force for us! We are doing lots of swim team, basketball camp, cousin time, and just relaxing at home. I wish I could say we are sleeping in, but that is not something my boys know how to do. I’m sure when they are teenagers I’ll have to wake them with a blow horn, but for now they rise with the sun. At least we are getting the most out of our days, right?
I love having them home, but one thing I was not prepared for was how much more time I spend in the kitchen making food and washing up! They are very hungry caterpillars. It’s tempting to stock my freezer with convenience foods from the grocery store that they can just heat up, but we try to keep things as homemade as much as we can. I know in the end it’s healthier and less expensive, and I like cooking with them anyway.
It really helps cut down on the dishes to wash to make one lunch for everyone rather than three individual lunches. I’ve decided to write down five lunch ideas, have the ingredients on hand, and then just rotate through them each week. First up, Homemade Mini Bagel Pizzas. This is something the boys will occasionally ask for as we pass by the frozen foods section in the grocery store. Why not make our own? Actually, we make them better!
We get to use ingredients we love, like our favorite shredded cheese that melts super smoothly, our favorite pizza sauce, and bigger, softer bagels. We also pre-toast the bagels with some garlic butter which is what makes them so delicious! They are like mini garlic bread bagel pizzas! We also give the pepperonis a chop so that they are more like the ones from the store. If you have little ones home for summer and need some ideas to keep everyone fed and happy, give these Homemade Mini Bagel Pizzas a try!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lovelylittlekitchen
Can't get enough?
Subscribe and I'll send all my recipes right to your inbox! You can also keep up to date by following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.Print
Homemade Mini Bagel Pizzas
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins
- Total Time: 14 mins
- Yield: 12 mini pizzas 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: American
These Homemade Mini Bagel Pizzas are so much better than store bought! The bagels are pre-toasted with garlic butter which is what makes them so delicious!
- 6 mini bagels, halved
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (I use Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce)
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped (I use Tillamook Farmstyle Cut)
- Place mini bagels cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Mix garlic, butter, and parsley together and spread over bagels.
- Place the buttered halves in the oven and broil until golden.
- Remove from the oven and spread one tablespoon pizza sauce on each half.
- Mix chopped cheese and pepperoni in a bowl and then sprinkle over the sauce.
- Return the bagels to the oven and broil 1-2 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Pizza
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 273mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: homemade mini bagel pizzas, bagel pizzas, lunch, appetizer, snack
My kids love these! So easy to make on those busy weeknights!