I think this one might win the prize for the longest title ever, but I just couldn’t leave out any of the healthy goodness these pancakes are made of when I was dreaming up a name for them. There are so many crazy indulgent pumpkin recipes jumping off the screen at me these days as we head into Thanksgiving, and I really want to make and eat all of them! But then I’d have to roll myself to the car and buy myself a new pair of jeans in the next size up, so I’m learning to politely just say no. Good thing pinning is calorie-free right?
These pancakes are a perfect compromise because they taste like Fall, but without the guilt.
Wowzers, I just love it when that sticky maple syrup waterfall slides down the side of my pancakes, don’t you? While these pancakes are more dense than a traditional pancake because of the flax and oats, they are still very fluffy and moist.
You can be creative with the toppings for these. I’m thinking bananas and pecans would be a winner, and of course my boys loved chocolate chips.Print
Made with oatmeal, ground flax and Greek yogurt, these pancakes taste like Fall but without all the guilt.
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, ground flax, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Add in brown sugar, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Give your griddle or skillet a chance to heat up over medium heat, and make sure it is well greased.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter and pour it onto the hot skillet, allowing the pancake to cook on one side until there are bubbles in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- I had to add more cooking spray between each pancake to keep them from sticking.
Source: Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 203mg
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
Keywords: healthy pumpkin pie spice oatmeal flax pancakes, pumpkin spice pancakes, healthy pancakes