Are you ready to lighten things up a little bit? I sure am! This salad could not have come to me at a better time. I think I enjoyed Thanksgiving a little too much. I still had some leftover cranberry sauce, so I put it to good use in this cranberry vinaigrette. I’ve had this salad for lunch the last two days, and I’m thinking I’m going to go round up the ingredients again so I can have it all week long. I love this salad!
And it’s just as pretty as it is yummy. The pomegranate seeds are like little rubies studded throughout the salad, and the sugared almonds totally make this salad amazing. I know you can buy something similar to these sugared almonds at the store, but these are worth the 7 minutes they take to make- promise!
If you like to plan ahead, this salad would be a beautiful addition to your Christmas dinner. It’s very easy to put together at the last minute if you make the dressing and sugared almonds ahead of time. And if you are like me, and love cranberries and almonds, make sure you check out my recipes for Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies With Almond Glaze and Cranberry Almond Brown Butter Cereal Bars.
Can’t believe it’s already December. We put our tree up this weekend (it’s only fallen over once so far), and I’m starting to make my lists for gifts to buy and make. Ready or not, it’s time to prepare our hearts, homes and tables for Christmas!Print
Mixed baby greens topped with thinly sliced green apples, feta cheese crumbles, pomegranate seeds, and a cranberry vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup sugared sliced almonds (see note below)
- 1 green apple sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- sprinkle of salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- In a small nonstick saucepan over medium high heat, combine 1/2 cup of sliced almonds and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir continuously until the sugar begins to melt and coat the almonds. The almonds will also start to turn golden brown. When you see the almonds begin to brown slightly, pour the sugared almonds onto a piece of wax paper and spread them out. Sprinkle a little salt over the almonds while they are still warm, and then allow them to cool completely.
- Place the mixed baby greens into a large bowl or platter. Sprinkle on the feta cheese, apple slices, pomegranate seeds, and sugared almonds. Top with the cranberry vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 8.3mg
Keywords: harvest salad, cranberry vinaigrette, sugared almonds, healthy