What else can you do when its 113 degrees out but dream about ice cream? These Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches are totally customizable and fun to make! I guarantee that having a little stash in the freezer will help you get through the rest of these hot summer days.
It’s all a mental game folks, and we CAN do this. We’ll be cozying up in front of the fire with a cup of coffee and a good book in no time. Until then, Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches it is!
I had a carton of Tillamook Coffee Almond Fudge in the freezer and that’s what I used for these Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches. I love how the swirl of fudge looks when they are cut in half.
The graham crackers are an easy shortcut and dipping them in chocolate takes them to the next level! You can use any flavor of ice cream you’d like and switch up the toppings to go with. Sprinkles would be really fun too.
Adding a few tablespoons of oil to the melted chocolate chips helps keep that chocolate layer nice and thin so that when you bite into it, it doesn’t shatter all over the place and make a big mess. The added oil also keeps the chocolate layer from setting rock hard in the freezer. I used avocado oil, but you can use any neutral tasting oil that is a liquid at room temperature.
I hope your summer is going well, and if it’s a little too hot for your liking (like it is here in AZ) just get out the ice cream and have a little fun. Enjoy!Print
These Graham Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches are totally customizable! I guarantee having a little stash in the freezer will get you through these summer days.
- 1.75 quart carton of ice cream
- 9 graham crackers
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 cup chopped nuts or toffee bits
- Line the bottom of a square 8 by 8 inch baking dish with graham crackers. Use a sharp knife to trim as needed. Soften ice cream at room temperature, or by using the paddle attachment and an electric stand mixer and spread softened ice cream evenly over graham crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers and freeze 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into nine squares and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Return to freezer.
- In a small microwave safe bowl or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and oil together until smooth. If using a microwave, use microwave 30 seconds then stir every 10 seconds as needed.
- Dip the graham cracker ice cream sandwiches into the melted chocolate, let the excess drip back into the bowl, and then press the sides of the dipped ice cream sandwich into chopped nuts or toffee bits. Place them back onto the parchment paper, and then into the freezer to set, working quickly. Freeze until ready to serve. I like to cut them in half into triangles to make them a little more manageable.
- Serving Size: 1 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Calories: 567
- Sugar: 52g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 77mg