- 1.75 quart carton of ice cream
- 9 graham crackers
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 cup chopped nuts or toffee bits
- Line the bottom of a square 8 by 8 inch baking dish with graham crackers. Use a sharp knife to trim as needed. Soften ice cream at room temperature, or by using the paddle attachment and an electric stand mixer and spread softened ice cream evenly over graham crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers and freeze 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into nine squares and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Return to freezer.
- In a small microwave safe bowl or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and oil together until smooth. If using a microwave, use microwave 30 seconds then stir every 10 seconds as needed.
- Dip the graham cracker ice cream sandwiches into the melted chocolate, let the excess drip back into the bowl, and then press the sides of the dipped ice cream sandwich into chopped nuts or toffee bits. Place them back onto the parchment paper, and then into the freezer to set, working quickly. Freeze until ready to serve. I like to cut them in half into triangles to make them a little more manageable.